Who's Lookin'

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Puppy Playdate

So my friends and I had a puppy play date last night...needless to say, I was up late. I do have to say though, that was a fun experience. Janet has a rescue puppy (black lab) named Champ, and he is tiny. Kujoe, my killer-security-attack dog, is about the same age and is easily three times larger. While Champ and Kujoe seemed to have a splendid time, Rico (Samantha's full grown Yorkie) seemed a little peeved by the biting and noise. He showed jealousy and just plain grouchiness. I hate to get mad at a dog, but, if he ruins my dogs fun I'm gonna ruin his...

I think the best part of the night was watching the puppies chase each other. When they hit the tile in either the hall or the kitchen, they would slide out of control until they consequently crashed. Catching this all on video or even film would have been great; unfortunately I forgot about my mother's camera in my closet and didn't even think to pull out the video camera.

Having puppies and friends in my life helps remind me that I am young and I can have fun without it ruining my plans for the future. Just because I have classes to attend and a job to work and hospital test being run does not mean I have to act like a crotchety old woman! So there. That's my challenge for myself: fulfill my obligations and have fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment