Who's Lookin'

Monday, September 5, 2011

Kujoe's Behavior

I got Kujoe about two and a half weeks ago. He was in puppy depression, after being separated from mother and litter mates, and wouldn't react to anything or even come close to humans. He cowered in fear anytime someone moved. Now he runs away whenever I approach him. It's upsetting because I've never had problems with any dog, mine or a stranger's.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I know that it takes two to tango, so what is it I need to do to make Kujoe a willing participant in my life? I can't afford to take him to a bunch of different behavior classes or have him checked out by a vet for emotional problems. If that's what he needs and there is evidence then I will do what I have to do. It makes me worry to see him so scared. What was done to him? Did the mother's owners neglect the puppies after weaning? Argh this is frustrating.

Oh well...more to come on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment